Monday, November 15, 2010

Q

One of the most memorable meals I have eaten in a long time has to be a good old BBQ dinner at Chicago’s Q restaurant located just about a mile northwest of the hotel. Recently opened, Q has a relaxing atmosphere and amazing service. This restaurant is not going to break anyone’s bank as it is as affordable as tasty.

The server starts you out with bottomless homemade potato chips and bread and butter pickles. Although no one beats Mom’s pickles, these are a very close second. For appetizers we tried the calamari and the cheddar bacon hush puppies. Both came with delicious sauces, which are tasty but not really necessary as the dishes are good on their own.

Entrees include a variety of in house smoked meat including Competition ribs and half a chicken plus another choice of meat for only $25! Very affordable and filling!! I opted for the brisket with coleslaw and a side of Macaroni and Cheese. The brisket melted in my mouth it was so moist and the bruleed Macaroni and Cheese was some of the best homemade I have ever tasted.

Now let’s talk about dessert. The manager wanted me to taste a few of the desserts (he must know me!). First was a moist piece of carrot cake……second came a dairy pie, in other words, chocolate pecan….my favorite was the espresso ice cream cake covered in homemade peanut brittle. Fantastic!!!

All in all the meal, service and price were right. I look forward to my next visit.

Enjoy!

Jeff

No comments: